10:33:22: Schema-Check failed. Abort now!

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Hello, congratulations for great job.

I heve a littel problem with script and web part. Steps i follow is:

1. Create list view with 3 collums: Tittle, ows_Longtitude (single text) and ows_Latitude (single text).

2. For next i created 1 item

3. Add te part: Content Editor Web Part

4. Paste script

and sharpoint show me that error:

10:49:43: Schema-Check failed for internal-field-name 'ows_Latitude'. The field is not available in this list.

10:49:43: Schema-Check failed for internal-field-name 'ows_Longitude'. The field is not available in this list.

10:49:43: Hint: You can get the internal names of the columns by calling the ajax-request for list-schema for the current sharepoint-list manually.

10:49:43: Schema-Check failed. Abort now!

Sory for my english.

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I forgot,

I test the columns ows_Longitude and ows_Latitude with type number, but error i the same.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Hello martinsimeonov,

please call the "ajax-request for list-schema", by clicking on this. Then you get a schema and there you can read the internal-field-name for the list.

The shown-field-name isn´t the internal-field-name. Sometimes it´s only a misspelling in the configuration.

Best regards!

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM
codefile wrote:

Hello martinsimeonov,

please call the "ajax-request for list-schema", by clicking on this. Then you get a schema and there you can read the internal-field-name for the list.

The shown-field-name isn´t the internal-field-name. Sometimes it´s only a misspelling in the configuration.

Best regards!

Sory but i cant find link in your post.

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM
martinsimeonov wrote:

10:49:43: Schema-Check failed for internal-field-name 'ows_Longitude'. The field is not available in this list.

10:49:43: Hint: You can get the internal names of the columns by calling the ajax-request for list-schema for the current sharepoint-list manually.

10:49:43: Schema-Check failed. Abort now!

When you get the hint like this you have wrote, you must click on this link in the hint on your SharePoint-Site.

10:49:43: Hint: You can get the internal names of the columns by calling the ----> ajax-request for list-schema <----- for the current sharepoint-list manually.

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hello again codefile,

sory but i am beginner in sharepoint development. I don`t understand abaut xml schame. I see the code of xml file but cant edin.

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Hello,

Yes, you can´t edit the xml-file. In this file you search for Latitude and Longitude (the field named rs:name='...'). In this line you can read the internal-field-name. The field named "name" is the internal-field-name (bold).

<s:AttributeType name='ows_Latidude' rs:name='Latitude' rs:number='9'>
         <s:datatype dt:type='string' dt:maxLength='512' />
</s:AttributeType>
<s:AttributeType name='ows_Longitude' rs:name='Longitude' rs:number='10'>
         <s:datatype dt:type='string' dt:maxLength='512' />
</s:AttributeType>

You must copy the bold text in the mark, in this example ows_Latidude and ows_Longitude and replace it in the script, where you declare the variables.

In this example it is:

var colLongitudeInternalName = "ows_Longitude";  
var colLatitudeInternalName = "ows_Latidude";

I hope I could help you!

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I fix that problem! Tank you for the patience :-)