Resolving Error Message

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Hello, thanks for your work on this solution.  I'm having difficulty getting things set up though.  I followed your video however i get two hint errors after adding the content editor and adding the js code.

20:15:51: There is no list-view available on this site. > No need to show google-maps. > Abort now.

20:15:51: The Pre-Check has not been successfully! > Abort now.

Not sure how to interpret these.  I have a list view with latitude and longitude columns available and have adjusted the parameters according to use lat and long coordinates.  What might i be missing, thank you.

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Hi mzavada,

the first message occurs if there is no list-view-webpart on your page. But there must be exactly one list-view-webpart on your page - otherwise no google-maps-functionality will be inserted. (Within the current version 1.3 it is not supported to insert the JavaScript-Snippet/WebPart to a page where no List-View-WebPart exists!) The number of list-view-webparts will be count the following way: Each table-tag with the attribute 'class="ms-listviewtable"' is one list-view-webpart.

Maybe the documentation will be more precise for you (it contains a troubleshooting section as well). 

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2011 at 1:13 PM
aschneider,
Thank you for the quick response, however the troubleshooting section of the documentation did not seem to help any. Everything it mentioned as a possible cause seems to not be an issue. I've included a screenshot showing that I have one list-view web part on the page labled with the ms-listviewtable class. I guess i'm at a loss for what to try next but there is something it does not like. Thanks again for your help.

MatthewZavada
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Hi,

the screenshot you mentioned is a good idea but unfortunatelly I could not see one in this discussion. 

Maybe you could provide a screenshot which shows the "bad-page" in edit-mode. And if you would like to provide some further information (which type of SharePoint, the browser you use) it would be helpful as well.

Do you use a special / custom list? First try it with a very clean list (e.g. a contact-list) without any special columns (like lookups - I had problems with lookups within the first versions of this solution). 

Many regards,

Axel