Custom Views

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM

First off I'd like to say thanks for the great script, seems to be working great so far. Just had a question involving custom views...

I currently have a database of roughly 1000 sites spread out across the carolinas, and I was wondering if there was a way to have the map change with different custom views. For example, our sites are divided into markets (368 Market, 177 Market, etc.) and I created a view that only lists those within the 368 market (roughly 30 locations) but the map does not show up . The map will only show up in the "All Items" view.

Is there currently anyway to implement this?

Again great script the video made it so easy to implement, thanks for any help you can provide.

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hi Shaunboyland!

I am not sure if I understand your problem(s). 

1. You asked if the map could change for different custom views. > The map shows only the markers which will be visible in the list-view. So if you have a custom-view which filters for certain criteria, the list will display a different set of list-items. So the answer would be: Of course.
  2. It seems that your problem is, that the map won´t be displayed on the custom list-view. Therefore one have to know that each list-view is an extra webpart-page. So you have to put the webpart on each list-view. So the answer would be: Yes, it is implementable. 

Hope I got your points. If not, do not hesitate to ask again.

Maybe the 5-minute-how-to will help you as well. You will find it under the "Documentation". 

Best regards,

Axel

Aug 5, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Axel,

Thanks for the quick response, I was able to get it working correctly from your advice.

Nice work, very useful.